WHAT IF Turles Turned Good? (series)

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Journal Of Australian Pro Wrestler Ryan Melrose Entry 2

 As Promised I'm back I guess I decided I didn't need a week to write the next entry. Now Even though I had now finally begun wrestling school my journey to become a Pro Wrestler was far from over nor was it easy for me.

I'll say something about having a Backyard wrestling background. Yes you by doing it you do build a wrestling foundation however a very bad one. Yes I was loaded with all these Backyarder bad habbits to the point it took forever for me to learn the basics. How to work a hold a body part and tell the story by working the match. 

Still Pete wanted to give us Rookies a chance to experience what it would be like on the show so he gave us I guess you could say our own segment the Shock Poker game where myself and the future owner of IPW but back then fellow rookie R.I.P, Dexter Logic, The Spider, Kurtis the Dream and Tom anyway so we had to play this game of poker the rules were you leave your seat your eliminated. Then the tagteam Shock therapy made their appearances and started picking us off one by one. All of us getting a beating. I remember getting hit in the back by Violent Berryl's fly swatter ouch! in the end Dexter won the game and wrestled the Lord Of darkness Ashe for the Slamnation championship.

Moments before the knee in the gut and the fly swat!

After that I took a month off over Christmas and used the time for solo training I would practice my basics on an invisible opponent everyday for a month I did this til it clicked. And when I returned for training in the beginning of 2009 

I was put straight in a training match with The Mighty Hercules. And I went for it Pete didn't have to call out to me I could mat wrestle and use my basics and I was working the holds and when the training match was over I was expecting to get yelled at again especially the way Pete yelled RYAN!

Then suddenly he started clapping then the whole dojo of trainees were clapping. Pete said Ryan that is the best you've ever done. needless to say I was so happy. Still it would be a whole other year before I could wrestle on show.

Why is that you ask I didn't have money for Ring gear and there was an incident where I nearly got fired and to be honest I should have been fired which is why I say to you upstarts leave your ego out of it if the boss says your not quite ready for the show listen to him and certainly don't attack the smartass little shit of a trainee with a mouth for poking fun at you for choking the opportunity. In 2009 going under the name Sarge wearing Military cammo pants and war paint I had my first official match a 20 minute tag team match It was Reaper and I vs Mystery and brace yourself for this Toni Storm thats right The Toni Storm the one that made it to WWE and currently in AEW but back then she was simply the greatest female Wrestler in IPW history and only a year active. 

So we tore the house down for twenty minutes working the whole match working on the fly like most of our IPW matches were working off the fly.

Which I always loved made the wrestling feel more Organic I think is the word to describe what I mean.

After that night I'd never be Sarge again that caamo paint got everywhere and on everybody who entered that Ring haha!



So then the next year I travelled Australia and began checking out some other Pro Wrestling organisations could never stick around long after all back then I was working for a living lol But I always use to sneak in the beginner classes I learnt almost every pro wrestler trainer has a different method of teaching different way of doing certain things even different names for some of the moves.

It was an opportunity to see what other pro Wrestling organisations did differently. Got to meet other Australian legends like Mason Childs Miss Nikki Nitro, Matty T Australias most popular referee. 

2010 I made an appearence on PWAQ Pro Wrestling aliance Queensland. Where I was reunited with Mystery and had a one on one match with him. Unfortunately it's off the record. But to me it still counted cuase at the time it was an official match that the owner wanted to post online. I don't know I think the other wrestlers didn't like the fact the match happened at a training session and not the show so it didn't get posted.

Then I did do a show at Club Chermside in Brisbane for PWAQ I appeared in a over the top Battle Royal. Where I can add two things to my accomplishments. 

One most respected wrestler of the night mainly cause I took a series of chops from four or five wrestlers and didn't try to cover up once. Apparently that earnt me a lot of respect aparently most try to cover me nope Pete trained me to take them like a man. And second I bled in the same Ring Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair used when they toured Brisbane

After that I continued on with IPW appearing here and there due to me not having enough money for training fees so I could only train and appear on show if I had them fees that still goes on to this day.

I'm going to leave it there for now and be back when I tell you my continous reign in IPW that lasted three years non stop.


https://tapas.io/melrosejryan/series 

https://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x7nr4h For video comics on my official Dailymotion channel

want your own Sorrow figurine download the STL file here https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/art/sorrow-antihero-sorrow-webcomic-series-by-ryan-melrose-comics-stl-file


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorrow Vs Facefeeder Part 1 animated short

Sorrow discovers a dead body that has been murdered in a way thats familiar to him using his ability to see the last moments of the dead he ...