WHAT IF Turles Turned Good? (series)

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Journal Of Australian Pro Wrestler Ryan Melrose Entry 1

Journal Of Australian Pro Wrestler Ryan Melrose 

introduction

and my first day of training


This may just be the closest thing I ever write to an Autobiography. To be honest you might question whether or not my Pro Wrestling career is something to write home about. However my story is far from over for I feel the sport of Pro Wrestling isn't quite finished with me just yet.

My name is Ryan Melrose I now reside at Gold Coast Australia and I have been wrestling Professional for five years and have been involed in Professional Wrestling for over 15 years.

For me my interest in wrestling came when I was 12 I had to spend my 2002 September holiday vacation at my schools Vacation care program basically where divorced over working parents dumped their kids so they wouldn't run wild unsupervised.

I walked in on an older kid he was watching the 2001 Royal Rumble on VCR. I decided to watch it with him and was instantly hooked. I especially loved watching Kane dominate the Royal Rumble match that year. My interest in Pro Wrestling didn't fade and in 2004 I was reintroduced in to the content of WWE where my interest in this incredible sport grew but I suppose thats the case in many aspiring Pro wrestlers.

Well as my High school years went on I had decided the world of Pro wrestling was out of my reach. I figured only America and Japan and countries had the sport.

Then 2006 happened my interest in becoming part of Pro Wrestling was reignited once again. Not because of a WWE Superstar I admired like everyone else. No It was two things you see I was not a good school student too many other kids for teachers to concentrate on plus they were boring as heck sorry to say. So rather than focus that time on subjects that I just couldn't despite my efforts pay attention to I started focusing on how I could make my dream of becoming a Pro Wrestler possible. 

It was then I became aware of another young man like myself and like me he started out wrestling in his backyard on a trampoline. This kid would become the man The high flyer, The risk taker, The daredevil, The dangerously Amazing Danny Danger.

Even as a backyarder he had talent soon he was trained at LVW and BWO I believe the companies were called. I decided if he could do it then so could I.

Earlier yes I admitted I was a backyard wrestler so were many other Pro's Personally I don't have a problem with Backyard wrestling as long as they were like myself being safe and responsible no dangerous spots or hardcore wrestling. No me and my guys we were TWE we wouldn't even do snap suplexes without proper training. It was a fun way to spend our weekends.

Others may not approved but atleast I wasn't joining gangs and doing drugs with a bunch of low lifes. Which if I'm being if wrestling hadn't have found me thats probably where my life would have ended up.

Even in High school we were those wrestler guys at lunch breaks we went at it. Before school we went at it. After school in the afternoon we went at it. You get the point!

Still there was a problem of where to learn how to wrestle professionally here in Australia. By chance Jimmy one of my dads former bosses mentioned there was a Pro Wrestling school right there in the Gold Coast.

When I got home I began researching and found out about 4 Pro Wrestling Organisations PCW located in Melbourne I use to binge watch their clips all the time Daniel Swagger's feud with The Pitbull. Years later I would have online converstaions with Trikki D who helped me out with some pointers later in my career when I showed him clips of my wrestling. AWF located in Sydney run by a man known as TNT. PWA and finally the one on the Gold Coast IPW Australia the school I would pick and glad I did.

The year was 2008 6 months after graduating I turned 18 so now I could make my choices and to hell with the nay sayers and family members who said I couldn't do this. Myself and a friend of mine travelled all the way from Brownsplains to the Gold Coast by public transport 2 hour plus travel To the IPW Sweatshop.

Well we weren't prepared to bring Training fees however the head trainer and promoter of IPW Pete The Hawk Ball decided to give us our fist lesson in the ring for free after one lesson I was hooked. Learning to lock up with Aussie Icon Jackaroo and just watching the other more experienced wrestlers go at it and training. I remember taking my first bump taking strikes from the other wrestlers around. I remember having this big crush on one of the Women Wrestlers I won't name names in this particular case.

Anyways when the first and free session was over I knew I was definitely coming back. More on that next time the next entry will be up next week


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorrow Vs Facefeeder Part 1 animated short

Sorrow discovers a dead body that has been murdered in a way thats familiar to him using his ability to see the last moments of the dead he ...